Floral head wreaths are a very popular hair accessory and I am going to show you the quickest and easiest way to achieve this beautiful look for kids and adults alike. For this DIY I wanted to make a simple and elegant head wreath using real flowers and greenery. You can whip this up in 10 min and have the perfect accessory for a Birthday Party, wedding or newborn photo shoot. The options are endless! The fun part about making your own Floral Head Wreath is that you can select the exact flowers you want and create a custom head piece that is unique to you!
- Floral Wire
- Wire cutter
- Fresh flowers, greenery
1. Take a long piece of the greenery and measure the head circumference of the child or adults head you are fitting.
2. Bend the greenery to form a circle. If you need to add more greenery to make the circumference larger, simply tie more on by twisting floral wire around a additional piece. In this case, I needed to trim the excess to fit my daughters head.
3. Once you have the accurate size, take your floral wire and twist it around the two ends until it is secure. Cut the excess stem.
4. Now the fun part! Cut the flowers leaving about a half of a inch of the stem. Arrange them around the Head Wreath where you would like them placed. I chose to do a few simple flowers above the ear area but this is where you can be creative. Add as many flowers and greens to achieve the look you are going for. If you are going for a really full effect, I suggest arranging the flowers around the wreath until you get the look you want, then tie them on with floral wire. This will insure you like the placement before you actually add them on. Using the floral wire, twist around the stem of the flower to the wreath.
- If you have excess wire that is poking out, you can add green floral tape to the back to smooth it over. I was able to bend the wire to where that was not a issue though.
That’s it!!! Just a few simple steps and you have a beautiful hair accessory. My daughter had so much fun making this and was a hit at the party we attended later that afternoon. All the little girls wanted one! Hey, there is a idea for a fun Birthday Party craft for little girls! You could even add some colorful ribbon hanging in the back! I think I just planned Mckinleys next Birthday Party…….
Skye was very tired but of course she needed to have a matching Floral Head Wreath like her big sister!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you have any questions about the DIY Floral Head Wreath feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for stopping by,