I like to take a modern approach to crochet, this baby blanket is perfect for that little mod baby in your life! This gender neutral blanket is so cozy and my baby girl just loves it. I have found that the plush yarn makes it a great blanket for “tummy time”. Today I am sharing with you, my easy crochet pattern and tutorial for this blanket.
- Bernat Blanket Yarn in White and Coal
- Crochet Hook size P 11.5MM
- Yarn Needle
- HBdc=herringbone double crochet
- Measures approximately 33×43
- I have attached two videos, one to show you the Herringbone Double Crochet stitch and another to show you how I seamlessly change colors when working with yarn. Feel free to join in a new color the way you feel comfortable, I just wanted to share my technique because you do not have to weave in your ends at the end of the project, which is my least favorite part! See videos below.
Color Changing Order: Foundation Row- Coal for two rows and then white for two rows. Alternate back and forth ending on a coal row.
Foundation Row ch 46
Row 1: Starting in third ch from the hook HBdc, HBdc in every ch across, Turn (43)
Row 2: Ch 2, in first st HBdc, HBdc in every st across (43)
Row 3-4: repeat Row 2 changing color to white.
repeat, alternating coal and white every two rows.
finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
This is the finished Modern Baby Blanket!
Perfect for “tummy time”
or just laying around!
I hope you enjoy this pattern! If you have any questions about this blanket feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by,